Here is my monthly goals update It is both encouraging and challenging to set goals, and see the the progress in completing them or see the work I need to do!
Here’s my update for this month.
Monthly goals (goals to accomplish each month)
Date nights every other week(Yep, did this! LOTS of dates on vacation ) Find ways to better our marriage – notes, meaningful conversations, make his life easier(work in progress)
- Read 1 book each month (read a novel on vacation just for fun)
- Do a monthly Pinterest project and blog about it (somehow I missed this one this month although Pinterest inspires many projects that I do. I just didn’t do a specific-Pinterest inspired or copycat project this month!)
January’s project (Hang my measuring cups)
February’s project (Make a DIY Clothespin wreath)
March project (Spring Green wreath and DIY plate hangers)
April project (Pinterest inspired Frugal Fashion)
July projects (White and yellow summer wreath) and (DIY sunburst mirror)
Save a specific amount of $ towards our “pay 75% cash for a car” goal(DONE!)
- Have guests in our home for a meal or overnight (didn’t get this done this month)
write and send at least 2 handwritten notes or cards (this is actually a new goal that I have accomplished the last 2 months so I am adding it as I think it is goal-worthy)(did this – really enjoying this goal)
Here’s my July goals and progress:
1. Make a new wreath.
Created this yellow and white summer wreath.
2. Make some envelope pillow covers and share a tutorial. (didn’t get this done, but plan on working on it this week.)
3. Reveal several of my past projects to you.
And I shared my final reveal of my beach inspired guest bathroom!
4. Organize the hall closet (need to fix a shelf that fell down) and reorganize our games. (this week’s project)
5. Help host/decorate for a bridal shower. (did this, plan to share pictures this week.)
6. Spray paint and decorate with some of my new Goodwill/yard sale finds. (need to write these posts and share.)
7. Start working on a photography class I signed up for. (Too much going on this month for that – plan to work on it this month.)
8. READ! Plan to do lots of reading while we are traveling and lounging by the pool/beach on vacation. (read a NOVEL on vacation – been years since I did that, and several other magazines!)
9. Decorate and post a new summer mantel (part 2)
Enjoying my Summer Beach mantel
10. Keep looking for an old door and brainstorming ideas for my guest bedroom and master bedroom furniture. (Think I might have found one!! Hoping to buy it tomorrow!)
11. Take a break and enjoy some down time/unplugging from the computer while on vacation with my hubby. (Bring back beach stuff to incorporate into my house! )
Enjoyed our vacation to Destin, FL
12. Enjoy the rest of summer!
Here’s some other things I did this month:
Shopped with a fun group on “I love thrifting day” and found some great stuff!
Created a DIY sunburst mirror
Created a 4th of July tablescape
Added some personal art to our guest room
Here’s my goals for August:
- Finish adding pictures to my gallery wall and reveal it.
- Work on a lamp project.
- Make some DIY envelope pillow covers.
- Work on my photography class.
- Help host a certain soon to be 1 year old’s birthday party. (can’t believe my nephew is going to be ONE!)
- Work on some blog updates.
- Gradually work on cleaning out and organizing our spare room/my craft room
- If the heat lets up a little I might start working on painting the guest room furniture.
- Take a trip to Ikea to check out the new stuff and pick up some things for upcoming projects!
- Make a DIY jewelry organizer.
What about you? Did you accomplish your goals for last month? What do you want to accomplish this month?