So I do have a 4th of July project to share with you today, but it isn’t really a craft – it’s a tablescape! I already had some red, white, and blue things out since Memorial Day and created a simple Memorial Day table. (You can see that post plus my Red, white and blue mantel here.)
But I was just in the mood to have fun changing some things up and then practice taking pictures of it :)
I will explain a little about it then just let you view the rest of the pictures.
- Tablecloth – ha! not really a tablecloth. Literally a scrap of fabric I bought at OHCO that I want to use to make some pillows, but it fit my table perfectly.
- Red runner – another scrap of fabric
- Placemats – the same 50¢ placemats from my Memorial day table just turned over to the solid navy side on the back. LOVE when I get two different looks out of the same 50¢ placemat.
- Red chargers – from my Christmas stash (don’t pack all your red stuff away after Christmas – leave some out so you can use it for Valentine’s Day and Patriotic displays during the summer.)
- White plates – my every day dishes (from Princess House)
- Blue plates – my pretty splurge purchase from our anniversary date. They were on major clearance from Williams Sonoma outlet. I have been wanting to find sets of 4 plates while thrifing or on major clearance that I can use to make seasonal tablescapes and these were perfect! Love my hubby for letting me purchase something fun just because he knows that his wife loves pretty things!
- Napkins – recent 50¢ find
- Starfish – borrowed from my guest bathroom
- White milkglass vases – 60¢ finds from Value Village
- Cake plate – from my kitchen
- Red jar vase – recent buy from Kirkland’s
- Blue hydrangeas – a hostess gift from Renee when she came to stay for Haven 2 weeks ago!! And yes, they still look great (I have been following the hot water method here.) They helped inspire me to create this tablescape
- Daises – the only good ones left from my yard after this weekends heat wave.
So now, just some fun shots!
Hope you have a wonderful day grilling out, catching some fireworks, and spending time with family! I am headed out to a classic car show with my hubby and then catching some fireworks tonight. And throughout the day will be reflecting on those who have sacrificed to give us the freedoms we have today.
Happy Birthday, America!
Sometimes I link up to these wonderful parties:
Sarahndipities, Skip to my Lou, Today’s Creative Blog, How to Nest for Less, Home Stories A to Z, Apron Thrift Girl, Tools are for women too, Not just a Housewife, A bowl full of lemons, Uncommon Designs Online, Someday Crafts, No Minimalist Here,Somewhat Simple, 36th Avenue, Sew Much Ado, The Style Sisters, The Thrifty Home, Domestically Speaking, House of Hepworths, The Shabby Creek Cottage, Weekend Blogging party at Serenity Now, Home Happy Home, Tatertots and Jello, Funky Junk Interiors, The Girl Creative, Miss Mustard Seed, Chic on a Shoestring Decorating, Remodelaholic, The Lettered Cottage, Before and after party at Thrifty Decor Chick, Pinterest Challenge at Young House Love