So the calendar switched over to a new month last week sort of quietly in our house… which means the first month of the year is over – wow! So how about those goals (or New Year’s resolutions) that you made last month? Have you forgot all about them or have you made some progress last month?
I went back and read though mine and realized I had made some progress, but I also need to step it up a little this month if I plan to accomplish them all! And honestly this post is more for my benefit and accountability. although I hope it helps inspire and encourage you too.
I summarized my original post putting my priorities and goals into a workable list so I can comment on which ones I still need to work on and which ones I have made progress on. Goals are in bold, progress is in italics…
Grow in my relationship with the Lord
- spend daily time in His word and in prayer –working on this
- read through the Bible in a year – working on this
- read devotional books – hmmm..need to work on this
Nurture a loving relationship with my husband
- date nights every other Friday night – been doing this and even took a 4 day weekend trip together this past month so lots of dating and double-dating time.
- find ways to encourage him (notes, spoken words)- wrote 1 note but need to do more this month – anyone have some fun Valentine ideas?
- find ways I can make his life easier (pack his lunches, clothes ready for work) – been working on making sure laundry is washed AND FOLDED/HUNG ready for him for work 🙂
- make meaningful conversations a priority – had some good talks on our trip but need to manage my “work” time better so I can spend more “un-working time” with him in the evenings – aka: put the laptop DOWN!
Challenge myself to become a better woman, wife, homemaker.
- Read at least 12 books this year – read The Money Saving Mom’s Budget last month– read my thoughts on it here
- Take better care of myself (exercise, eat healthy, go to bed earlier) – I made a goal to go to bed earlier and what time is it right now?? gotta work on that!
- Get my home organized and clean – made MUCH progress here! Check out my before and after Simplify posts. Just a few more rooms to go!
- Develop and maintain a weekly cleaning schedule in our home – I did develop a schedule, but maintained it ??– hmmm…guess that is this month’s project
- Keep the main living area of our home 30 min. to company clean – made a LITTLE progress on this but need to really conquer this goal THIS month
- Learn to LOVE where I live – working on developing thankfulness in all areas of life.
- Make homemade laundry soap – bought laundry soap with coupons this month, does that count? this will be a project for later this year…
- Learn how to make Artisan bread in 5 minutes – plan to do this in the next couple weeks
- Menu plan, menu plan, menu plan – STILL got to get better with this!
- Challenge myself to grow in the kitchen with new recipes, making things from scratch, etc. – made several new things this month
Grow my blog and have FUN with it!
- find balance in home life, home priorities, and computer time is my # 1 goal under this priority – work in progress
Fun things I have planned to do and share on The Frugal Homemaker in 2012 (and I am sure this list will grow as the year goes on.)
- Do and blog about a monthly Pinterest project – whoops missed January so need to do 2 this month! One is in progress…
- Make a DIY scarf – need to go buy some material
- Make pillows – bought some fun material on Saturday for this!
- Write several series – working on the Simplify series right now
- Continue to work on room re-dos in my house – Kitchen, Half bath, Guest bedroom, Master bedroom, Master bathroom as budget and time allow – will begin these as soon as I am done organizing and simplifying
- Work on re-doing several pieces of furniture in my garage – will start this once it gets a little warmer outside
- Learn how to use my camera better – work through several series on how to take better pictures – having fun with the P52 project! Still need to get my camera OFF auto!
Be a good steward of our finances.
- Save even more this year by managing our money better – amazed this month how keeping better track of our finances and spending has allowed us to save more!
- One specific savings goal – save 75% towards the purchase of a new-to-us car (hoping to purchase in the fall/end of next year) – able to save January’s amount + a little extra!
Find ways to minister to those around me.
- have guests in my home once a month – messy house + being out of town twice this month = failed at this for January. Will try to catch up in February.
- minister to our others – found opportunities to reach out to our neighbors and a few others this month
I also made 12 specific HOME goals:
1. Add a gallery wall in our entryway- found some more frames for it – hoping to work on it this month!
2. Work on our kitchen – working on some plans – will share next week for some advice
3. Re-do our 1/2 bath – priced some options at Home Depot
4. Continue to spruce up the outdoors (in the spring) – think I might clean out the flower beds this week if we keep having 60 degree weather
5. Make our bedroom a sanctuary – been pinning some ideas, thinking about a color scheme, and discussing furniture options
6. Transform some furniture – not yet
7. Paint – repainted above the mantel
8. De-clutter and simplify – about 75% done with the BIG Simplify project and cleanout but plan to keep on doing this throughout the year
9. Make our home more “us.” – been doing this a little by getting rid of things we no longer love, need, or want
10. Focus on making our home a place we can minister in the area of hospitality – been working on getting it clean but didn’t have anyone over last month
11. Keep our living space (downstairs) 30 minutes to company clean. – made a tiny bit of progress but really need to buckle down and maintain this goal this month
12. But most of all, learn to LOVE where we live – work in progress but I did feel more content last month as I am working on being thankful for the things I have.
Encouraging to see some progress… Challenging to see how much I still need to do!
How about you? Have you been working on your goals? Made a lot of progress in January or have some catch-up to do in February?
If you posted about your goals or a check-up post, share your link in the comments!