One of my favorite spaces to decorate for the seasons is my front porch! And one of my favorite spots on our front porch is this porch swing…
We’ve had several cooler days and I have soaked up being able to sit out here and drink a cup of coffee in the mornings or r even sit out here in the afternoon and rest/work while my little girl is taking a nap.
But now for my front door display!
This was my fall front porch in 2018 – simple, neutral, and simple with the picket fence pieces I got for free from facebook marketplace.
This year I wanted to mix it up a bit so decided to use hay bales for the first time and I really love it! I’d love to do cornstalks one year too but I try to stick to a budget for fall decor and mums, hay, pumpkins can get expensive fast.
My biggest tips for keeping on budget when it comes to outdoor fall decor is to invest in some good faux pumpkins. Only 1 pumpkin on my porch is real – the rest are faux that I have collected over the last years, some from yard sales, some I have painted, and the rest are from Walmart different years. I find Walmart has the best price on good faux pumpkins unless you can happen to snag some at 75-90% off at craft stores but they are usually all gone at that price in my area.
I also will plant my mums after they are all done blooming in my yard and in our area/zone about 50% of them will make it and bloom again the next summer/fall. I am enjoying some really large white mums blooming in my yard on the side of our yard leftover from my fall decor last year.
I just fell in love with all the deep rich colors for fall decor this year! Love these cranberry colored ones!
So I did the mustard yellow/burnt orange mums mixed with burnt orange and green pumkins…
I don’t usually decorate this side of the porch but I had a few mums I bought on clearance that just aren’t blooming so I stuck them over here until I get a chance to plant them in the yard and it cozied up this side of the porch too!
I love my black rocking chairs – all found at different yard sales/marketplace and even my Target wood side tables were $5 each at a yard sale too.
Nothing makes a front porch more cozy than rocking chairs and a porch swing!
I really like how the hay bales added that fall touch the porch! And we plan on using them to help cover some exposed dirt after we have some work down around our pool or as compost in our garden once the season is over. So they won’t just go to waste!
I always wanted a big front porch and have so enjoyed this one at our house!
I had this Farmer’s Market sign last year from Kirkland’s and added the vintage ammo buckets from my a local small shop called The Painted Nest, but she also ships! I’m thinking I may put Christmas trees in them soon!
The Autumn leaves black metal sign came from Joann.
I have battery operated outdoor candles on a timer out here all season but they don’t always show up good in pictures so I use real candles for pictures and then switch back to the timer ones. I meant to grab a picture at dusk because it’s so pretty with the candles all lit up – I’ll have to do that and add it soon!
I hope you enjoyed our fall front porch tour!
- rocking chairs, swing, stool, side tables – all yard sale finds
- pumpkins – mostly faux and from Walmart
- fall throws – all of them are blanket scarfs I found thrifted – but you can find many different patterns and colors at this link
- large rug – Kohls linked here
- lanterns – old from Home Decorators but similar linked here or another set of 3 linked here
- outdoor candles – love these with timer and remote
- Welcome sign over the door – Hobby Lobby
- Corn husk Wreath – current Target find – linked here
- Buffalo check door mat – Amazon linked here
- Thankful door mat – Hobby Lobby fall line
- Black and white buffalo check pillow covers – set of 4 for amazing price!
- Welcome pillow – Target dollar spot fall this year
- velvet mustard pillow – thrifted but similar one linked
- Home Sweet Home pillow cover – linked here
- my favorite black paint I use on doors/shutters/rocking chairs