Yay it’s Friday! The day where I share my frugal/thrifting finds from last week. And hopefully inspire you to get out tomorrow and check out a yard sale (or two or three) or pop in your local thrift store to see what you can find! (I am SOOOOO hoping for pretty weather tomorrow! We have had rain and cold weather previous Saturdays and then I was at a conference last Saturday so tomorrow will be my FIRST big spring yard sale day!)
Oh and don’t forget about the free quart of paint at Ace Hardware tomorrow – rain or shine, I am getting mine!
Anyways, I stopped in the better one of my 2 Goodwill’s last week and here is what I found:
- a brand new chandelier still in the box – $14.91 (everything is still wrapped in original plastic inside, and it includes the shades too. A little more than I normally spend on chandeliers, I usually pay $3-8. But have never bought a brand new one secondhand either. And bonus, I don’t plan to spray paint it that will save some time and money there.)
- a lead crystal nativity set – $19.91 but 1/2 off so $9.95. I don’t have a nativity set and found myself wishing this Christmas that I did. So I was excited to find this 5 piece set. I looked it up on my phone while I was there and just 1 cow was selling for $10 on eBay so that made me willing to pay $9.95 for the whole set in the box.
Then I stopped in my other Goodwill and was actually shocked to find 2 picture frames priced for $0.99. And one of them was actually the color of the week so 1/2 off.
- small picture frame – $0.99
- large picture frame – $0.99 but 1/2 off =$0.49
- shirt – $4.96 but 1/2 off too = $2.48
By the way, the chandelier above… I bought it intentionally planning on putting it in a bedroom (my guest bedroom – which I am re-doing into somewhat of a shabby chic theme). Hubby looked at me like I was crazy ;), but I assured him I had seen it done plenty of times before. 🙂 Is the style of it right for a bedroom?
Here is some Pinterest inspiration:
Loving this one WITH shades too!
So yes on the chandelier in the bedroom?? If not, it is totally going in my laundry room or 1/2 bath but I really would like it a little more prominently displayed then in my laundry room.
How about you? Any thrifty finds lately? I always love to see them so link them in the comments!
Do you have any chandeliers in your bedrooms?