Friday fun + Frugal finds: window, large frame, and more jewelry!

Friday Fun   Frugal Finds

It’s Friday!  Yay!  Are you hitting some yard sales this weekend?

I didn’t find anything at thrift stores last week, but I did find some fun yard sale finds.  (In fact I find that as yard sale season is going strong I find less and find myself shopping less at thrift stores since I know I can find things cheaper at yard sales.)

Here’s my yard sale and flea market finds from last weekend:

Blue window – $3 yard sale find

Huge ornate frame – $1.00

Jewelry – $3.00 for all of this! Smile Love all the great earrings I got!

Rattan planter – $1.00

Bed skirt – $2.00 (Hoping this is going to work for my guest bedroom re-do)

Lots of fun finds as usual!  Hope this inspires you to get out and find some great deals in your area! Winking smile

Do you shop thrift store less during the summer when yard sale season is in full swing?  What did you find this week?

Linking up to: Rhoda’s Thrifty Treasure party

SouthernHospThriftyTreasures copy_thumb

Comments

1. WHERE is the jewelry man? I need to find him!

• Christina says:

He is there! 🙂 I told him I was trying to refer some of my friends to come shop him too 🙂 He is really sweet. I will help you find him one Saturday, if you want 🙂

2. Yes, I do the same thing… I shop the thrift stores less often when there are an abundant of yard sales around! The prices and selections are much better at garage sales… Not to mention the thrill of tyre hunt! 🙂

• Christina says:

Yep, all those things exactly! the prices, the thrill of finding and shopping them 🙂 Glad to meet another yard sale junkie like me 🙂

3. oooh, I love the window! Hoping to do just one big yard sale tomorrow while my men are at a campout! Used most of my yard sale money last weekend, but I am pleased with the abundance of fun new finds for cheap cheap! I haven’t been to a goodwill since yard sales started again—too expensive! lol! Hope you have a great weekend!
    Molly Swaffer recently posted..Lil’ bit o’ touch up!My Profile

• Christina says:

Isn’t that funny how we are raving about our Goodwill finds and then as soon as yard sales start we don’t darken the door 🙂 I have popped in Value Village and probably will next Wednesday for 1/2 price day – but mostly to browse for clothes since I don’t usually find those at yard sales.

You have had some good yard sale finds recently. Mine were super cheap this past week – will share tomorrow.

4. Yard sales are so much fun. I love seeing the great bargains you find.

5. Kelly Palmer says:

I have a few window frames that I bought a couple of years ago and still not sure what I want to do with them. I am looking forward to seeing what you do with yours. Hopefully it will give me some inspiration 🙂 Tomorrow is the community yard sale that I wrote about a couple of weeks ago. I am sooo excited and can’t wait to see what awesome bargains I can find! Definitely doing more yard sales than thrift stores this time of year. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

• Christina says:

I use them a lot on my mantel 🙂 and have plans to use them in a more permanent place in other places in the house. I will be sure to blog about it 🙂

Check out my Pinterest board where I have been pinning some ideas just for windows – http://pinterest.com/frugalhomemaker/old-window-ideas/

So what did you find at the big community yard sale?? 🙂

• Kelly Palmer says:

The yard sale was great! One of the best buys that I got was a vintage looking bubble gum machine for $2.00. It is made of metal (maybe cast iron) and glass. It is really cool and I have been wanting to find one for a while now. The best part is that there was 59 cents in change inside so technically I only paid $1.41 for it!!

• Christina says:

haha – cracking up at you getting part of your purchase price back – that is great!

I looked at a vintage bubble gum machine too this weekend. It was one of the tall ones on a stand and in great condition BUT the glass on the actual machine part was cracked?? And I wasn’t sure how we could replace it. so I keep searching.

glad you enjoyed the big sale!