Sharing a simple Valentine’s Day tablescape I put together the other day. I LOVE setting a pretty table – it is so pretty and fun to me.
You really just need a few things to do it too – some basic white dishes, maybe another color of dishes, some napkins (could even be paper), and some placemats, chargers, or a pretty tablecloth. It doesn’t have to be elaborate or expensive. I didn’t buy anything specifically for this – I used all things I already had and pulled from over the house.
Those red heart ramekins are my favorite! Along with the mercury glass candleholder.
I know everyone will ask where I got everything so here goes:
- napkins + placemats – Kohl’s from several years ago.
- white plates, red plates, heart ramekins – Princes House (my mother-in-law used to sell this so I have quite a collection from gifts and parties. I LOVE the white plates as I can use them year round as a base for any type/color of table setting. If you are looking for an inexpensive set of white glasses, Wal-mart carries a gorgeous set that is almost exactly like a set that Pottery Barn sells and it is only $40 for a 16 piece set.
Check out Beth’s post for more details.
- glass goblets – Libbey iced tea glasses from Walmart. LOVE them – we use them every day and they are like $5 for a set of 4 – can’t beat that price.
- mercury glass candleholder – Kohl’s after Christmas clearance this year. Think I paid like $4 for it, it was normally $29.99.
- large white doilies – from my stash but you can find these pretty much anywhere – Michael’s, Hobby Lobby, maybe even Wal-mart?
Do you have dinner in or dinner out for Valentine’s Day? We have done both and planning a romantic dinner at home can be a lot of fun. That’s not possible this year so guess it will be dinner out this year (a lot less work which is exactly what I need right now.)
What’s your Valentine Day plans?
(Bonus: anyone notice a change I made in the eat-in kitchen?)