This post is part of a series – “31 days of Pinterest: Pinned to Done” You can read all the posts in this series here. And to make sure you don’t miss anything you can sign up to have every post sent to your email, follow me on facebook, or subscribe in your reader.
I know her photography is awesome! Believe it or not, this dessert is even better!
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 3 TBSP. flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 4 med. apples. peeled and diced into ¼ inch pieces
- ½ cup flour
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ cup salted butter
- ½ cup caramel topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll pastry out on a pizza pan. I used a store bought crust but you could totally make your own too. Combine sugar, flour and cinnamon in a medium bowl and toss with the cut apples. Dump the apples on top of the pie crust.
- For the topping: Combine the flour, brown sugar, oats, cinnamon, and butter in a bowl. Mix well. I like to mix mine in the food processor but you can also cut in te butter by hand. It will be a sandy/crumby texture. Sprinkle topping evenly over the apples. You will have lots of topping - but that is the best part!
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until apples are tender. Remove from oven. Cut into slices and serve warm with ice cream and drizzled with caramel sauce.
Ready to go in the oven…
30 minutes later – hot, bubbly, and ready to devour!
Serve HOT, topped with vanilla ice cream, and a drizzle of caramel sauce. Oh so good!
What is your favorite fall dessert made from – pumpkins or apples? I can’t decide – I love them BOTH!
I am joining Nester from Nesting Place in writing a 31 days series in October. You can see all the other hundreds of people writing a 31 days series here.
And I am excited to have 3 blogging friends join me in the insanity! Check out their series by clicking on the buttons below.
And my sister-in-law is joining along too! Writing about their transition as they move across the country with four children.