Disclosure: Post and giveaway sponsored by XFINITY, but all opinions are my own. Please see below for additional disclosure.
If I asked you what was some things that you disagreed about with your kids or your spouse this week – would the remote or TV programming be on that list? I know it can be an issue in our house. I am a Hallmark channel and HGTV fanatic but my husband prefers any channel BUT those two channels. LOL! (Anyone else have the same problem??)
So I usually keep the TV on (usually Hallmark or HGTV or maybe an NCIS marathon) for background noise or just to listen to as I work/clean/whatever I am doing that day. This is what happens at 6 pm… Hubby walks in the door, puts his stuff down, grabs a snack or drink, and then asks where’s the remote?
So for those times when I am working on a project outside, or mindlessly sanding/painting cabinet doors, or folding/hanging a ton of laundry but I want to catch the new episode of Beach Flip that was on the night before, or hubby is hogging the remote… XFINITY came up with a solution.
(By the way, have you watched Beach Flip? LOVE that show! Feels like some of the older Trading Spaces type HGTV shows that I miss watching.)
XFINITY is introducing the new Cloud DVR feature (available to X1 customers in specific markets) accessed through the XFINITY TV app for X1. If you are an XFINITY X1 customer you can download the free app here – iPhone / Android.
This feature and app allows you do these two main things:
- Stream and download your recorded DVR programs to any internet-connected device on the go. If you are connected to the internet, you just stream it. If you aren’t going to be connected the internet, you can download any recorded DVR program to your device to watch later.
- Turn any device into a TV in your home with the ability to LIVE stream tons of channels and On Demand options.
So let’s talk about some ways you could use this:
- Downloading your DVR shows and taking them on a plane (without an internet connection)
- Setting the kids up with movies on tablets in the backseat of a long car trip
- Get the full TV experience on any screen ANYWHERE in your home
- Watching two shows at once – the kids can have control over the TV, while you enjoy your show on your tablet!
- Catching up on your favorite show from the night before on the train to work.
- literally the possibilities are endless… how would you use it?
I am still amazed at what can be done with technology and those phones we hold in our hands today.
So what is your favorite show right now? How would you use the Cloud DVR feature? There is a $100 gift card up for grabs for one lucky winner! Make sure to login to the rafflecopter widget below to enter.
Disclosure: XFINITY partnered with bloggers such as me for their Fast Life program. As part of this program, I received compensation for my time. They did not tell me what to purchase or what to say about any product mentioned in these posts. XFINITY believes that consumers and bloggers are free to form their own opinions and share them in their own words. XFINITY’s policies align with WOMMA Ethics Code, FTC guidelines and social media engagement recommendations.