This will actually be my 4th year writing a 31 days series during the month of October. In 2011 I wrote 31 Days to Decorate your Home on a Budget. In 2012 I wrote and DID 31 days of Pinterest: Pinned to Done. I chose 31 pins off my Pinterest boards ranging from DIY projects, crafts, and recipes, and actually did them! And in 2013 I wrote 31 days of Fall Inspiration.
This year I will be writing and learning right along with you in a series entitled 31 Days to take the Stress out of Christmas.
Since Christmas is coming faster than we think, I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to step back before the stress begins and examine why that time can be so stressful and what we can do to change it. I plan to share ways you can start NOW to do prep work so that there is not so much on your to-do list once the final bite of turkey is consumed at Thanksgiving. Ideas for home-made gifts, shopping for gifts, wrapping gifts, Christmas cards, decorating, along with scheduling, planning, making things more simple – all of those and more will be discussed. I want this series to be something that I can and will and I hope you will want to use each year in the months leading up to Christmas to prepare ahead, plan, and think about how you will keep the stress out of Christmas and truly enjoy the season for what it is. I think we all would love just relish in the season, relax and make lasting family memories, and truly enjoy reflecting on the true reason for the season. But often all the extra “to-do’s” that get added to our list that month seem to make that impossible.
So come join me starting tomorrow and every day during the month of October as we plan, dream, and get inspired for Christmas. Make sure to subscribe by email to get every post delivered directly to your inbox, or follow along on facebook.
This post will serve as the directory for this series and I will add each day’s link to this post after they are posted. So you can bookmark or pin this post and at any time come back to it to see every link to this series.
- Why does Christmas = stress? 2 ways you can make Christmas memory-filled instead of stress-filled
- What do you need to change to take the stress out of Christmas
- Set a Christmas budget
- Make a gift list
- Keep gifts simple
- 15+ homemade teacher gifts
- Non-food Gifts in a Jar
- $10 or less DIY Homemade Gifts
- Neighbor Gift Ideas
- Homemade Gifts you can make in 10 minutes or less
- Plan ahead using a calendar
- Make a detailed to-do list
- 25+ Creative & Easy DIY Gift Wrap Ideas
- Wrap gifts as you buy them or the first week of December
- Make a Christmas bucket list (take time for traditions)
- Stock up on household & kitchen essentials before the holidays
- Deep clean and organize your house before the holidays
- 5 tips to sending Christmas cards
- Creative ideas for your Christmas photo or Christmas photo card
- Creative ideas for displaying Christmas cards
- 6 tips for hosting a stress-free Christmas party
- Family Favorites Christmas recipes
- Make and freeze cookie dough to have fresh, hot cookies in minutes
- 25+ Homemade Food Gifts in Jars
- Keeping Christmas simple (not stressful) with kids