So I am getting ready and getting super excited to meet some of my favorite bloggers TOMORROW at Haven Conference!!
But not to leave you out of all the fun, I have a fun announcement to make. If you live anywhere near me, I would like to invite you to come shopping with me! And you know my favorite place to shop – yep, Goodwill, thrift stores, and yard sales. Now I am not near as fun or famous as John and Sherry from Young House Love, but you would get to meet me and do some thrift shopping together!
Ok, so the details. If you have been reading blogs for a while you may remember last summer Rashon Carraway aka “Mr. Goodwill Hunting” started a national day called “I love thrifting” day. Bloggers all over hosted “I love thrifting” days in their area and invited friends, and readers to come join them to shop! I went to Marietta last year and joined Rhoda who blogs at Southern Hospitality at her event. I had fun meeting her and some other bloggers and shopping all kinds of thrift stores in a new area for me. I hadn’t started this blog yet last summer, but now that I have I am going to host my OWN “I love thrifting” day!
Here’s how it works:
I love thrifting day is scheduled for Saturday, July 7th.
The one I am hosting will be in Covington, GA near where I live. Covington is SE of Atlanta on I-20 going towards Augusta.
I have already talked to several thrift stores in the area and will be making a schedule for the day soon. But tentatively this is what the day will look like.
- Meet at Goodwill in Covington at 9 am – shop.
- I know this is “I love thrifting” day but I can’t gather people in my area and not take them to my famous parking lot yard sale! I counted over 50 different people/parking spaces set up last week. So weather permitting we will make a quick stop there.
- Then on to some smaller thrift stores off of Hwy. 81 – a Salvation Army and a few others.
- Then lunch around 1 pm. at a local restaurant and that’s it!
- If any of you want to stay after that I would love to take you to the flea market that I shop that is only a few minutes away, but that is completely optional.
I am hoping that I can get a few stores to maybe offer us a discount?? So look for another detailed post with all the details, addresses of each store, times we will be at each stores, etc. the week before that Saturday.
So for now, if you live in the area and would like to join me – email me at email@example.com or comment on this post. I need to sort of get an idea of the number of people who would attend so I can plan for lunch, parking, etc.
I hope you can come! And if you are not in the Atlanta area, there will be “I love thrifting” days happening all over. As soon as Rashon gets the list up of all the “I love thrifting” events, I will link to it so maybe you can find one in your area. Can’t wait to meet some of you!