Monthly goals (goals to accomplish each month)
Date nights every other week(Yep, did this!) Find ways to better our marriage – notes, meaningful conversations, make his life easier(work in progress)
- Read 1 book each month (STILL haven’t done this – I guess projects, shopping yard sales, spray painting, Pinterest, and blogging just overtake my spare time – maybe I can catch up this summer while on vacation)
- Do a monthly Pinterest project and blog about it (somehow I missed this one this month although Pinterest inspires many projects that I do. I just didn’t do a specific-Pinterest inspired or copycat project this month!)
January’s project (Hang my measuring cups) February’s project (Make a DIY Clothespin wreath) March project (Spring Green wreath and DIY plate hangers) April project (Pinterest inspired Frugal Fashion)
Save a specific amount of $ towards our “pay 75% cash for a car” goal(DONE!) Have guests in our home for a meal or overnight (having a hard time doing this so have just made it a goal to somehow show hospitality to others even if that is taking a meal to someone, etc.)(hosted Mother’s Day meal at our house) write and send at least 2 handwritten notes or cards (this is actually a new goal that I have accomplished the last 2 months so I am adding it as I think it is goal-worthy)(did this – really enjoying this goal)
Goals for May
1. Complete mailbox flower beds
Well, 1 out of 2 beds are completed! Which is why I haven’t shown them to you – hoping to get the second one completed this week before my plants die!
2. Finish decorating front porch (DONE!)
Check out my reveal post!
3. Paint another piece of furniture in the garage (it’s painted and in my house! Just need to decorate and reveal it!)
4. Complete gallery wall (In process!)
5. Work on and hopefully complete 1/2 bath (This was my big Memorial Day weekend project. I just need to clean and finish the last touches of décor and then I will reveal it!)
6. Paint guest room furniture (This didn’t get done and now will probably have to wait until July as June is going to be crazy around our house.)
7. Continue working on plans for the kitchen (again –going to have to move to July)
8. Work on organizing the garage (Ha! I think I have come to an resolution on this. We haven’t had an organized garage since we lived here – so why start now! LOL! Actually now it is packed with my $40 master bedroom furniture – so maybe when I get that done and out of there we can get it organized.)
9. Work on developing a weekly/monthly cleaning schedule (Didn’t do this. I am learning, I think I despise cleaning more than I thought. Quite a few people around me always have an excuse of why they can’t come to this activity or cook dinner for their family cause their house has to be spotless – phooey on that! I would much rather live life, cook good food, be creative and do projects, and not skip activities instead of my house and floor being spotless only to be dirty again 1 hour later. Super clean is overrated!)
10. Coordinate a bridal shower (DONE!)
11. Host Mother’s Day lunch (DONE!)
12. Work on making several new/better homemade meals (I am enjoying finding inspiration again in the kitchen – tried several new dishes last week – Fish tacos, fresh corn salsa, and Chicken Ranch tacos.)
Here’s a few more things I got done last month:
Refreshed my deck furniture cushions with some spray paint (still holding up well!)
Fixed my green wreath that started melting in the sun
Created a project page for my blog (You can find it right below my header in the menu bar under “projects”
Posted my Memorial Day/Summer mantel
Wrapped up my yard sales series with the last post on 8 tips on how to host your own yard sale.
I am really enjoying breaking down my goals into a monthly list. I still need to try to break them down by week, but this month is going to be a little crazy for that. I am going to be tied up with quite a few things this month – blog conference, hosting a party at my house, having guests, helping decorate/coordinate a wedding so my project time is going to be more limited.
But here is what I am hoping to finish up and accomplish this month:
- Put finishing decorating touches on our half bath and post a reveal (along with some “how-to” posts on installing beadboad, painting a perfectly straight edge, etc.)
- Do my gallery wall and reveal it.
- Finish the 2nd piece of furniture in my garage (already painted just needs final sanding and clear coat), move inside, decorate and reveal.
- Put in my second mailbox flower bed and reveal both.
- Make plans for YOU, my readers, to get together with me in July centered around yard sale/thrift store shopping – excited about this. Look for details soon!
- Attend a DIY/Home blogging conference in Atlanta – ackkkk!!! Can’t believe it is only 2 weeks away!
- Host a “Favorite Things party” – can’t wait to share my décor, food and all involved in this fun night with you!
- Catch up on some Pinterest projects
- Work on incorporating more new recipes in our home and share some fun summer recipes with you in a new summer recipes series.
- Make some more envelope pillow covers and share a “how-to” post.
- Find an antique wood door (for a future project) and decide on plans for the headboard to go with my $40 master bedroom furniture.
- Make a new wreath – probably patriotic themed.
- Enjoy summer and all the activities, grilling, lazy days, playing in the water, popsicles and fun that it brings!
I love summer! Going to try not to get too bogged down in the details and take some time to just enjoy it! If you have kids home from school, I would suggest you do the same. They only have 18 summers at home – make use of them all!
How did you do in May on your goals? Do you have some DIY/project goals to accomplish this month?