Friday Fun + Frugal Finds: the most money I ever spent at Goodwill!

Friday Fun   Frugal Finds

Yay it’s Friday!  The day where I share my frugal/thrifting finds from last week.   And hopefully inspire you to get out tomorrow and check out a yard sale (or two or three) or pop in your local thrift store to see what you can find!  (I am SOOOOO hoping for pretty weather tomorrow!  We have had rain and cold weather previous Saturdays and then I was at a conference last Saturday so tomorrow will be my FIRST big spring yard sale day!)

Oh and don’t forget about the free quart of paint at Ace Hardware tomorrow – rain or shine, I am getting mine!

Anyways, I stopped in the better one of my 2 Goodwill’s last week and here is what I found:

• a brand new chandelier still in the box – $14.91  (everything is still wrapped in original plastic inside, and it includes the shades too.  A little more than I normally spend on chandeliers, I usually pay $3-8.  But have never bought a brand new one secondhand either.  And bonus, I don’t plan to spray paint it that will save some time and money there.)
  • a lead crystal nativity set  – $19.91 but 1/2 off so $9.95.  I don’t have a nativity set and found myself wishing this Christmas that I did.  So I was excited to find this 5 piece set.  I looked it up on my phone while I was there and just 1 cow was selling for $10 on eBay so that made me willing to pay $9.95 for the whole set in the box.

Then I stopped in my other Goodwill and was actually shocked to find 2 picture frames priced for $0.99.  And one of them was actually the color of the week so 1/2 off.

• small picture frame – $0.99
  • large picture frame – $0.99 but 1/2 off =$0.49
  • shirt – $4.96  but 1/2 off too = $2.48

By the way, the chandelier above… I bought it intentionally planning on putting it in a bedroom (my guest bedroom – which I am re-doing into somewhat of a shabby chic theme).  Hubby looked at me like I was crazy ;), but I assured him I had seen it done plenty of times before. :)  Is the style of it right for a bedroom?

Here is some Pinterest inspiration:

Loving this one WITH shades too!

So yes on the chandelier in the bedroom??  If not, it is totally going in my laundry room or 1/2 bath but I really would like it a little more prominently displayed then in my laundry room. Smile

How about you?  Any thrifty finds lately?  I always love to see them so link them in the comments!

Do you have any chandeliers in your bedrooms? Smile

Comments

I am working on the “one in every room” thing :) ha! If/when we ever sell our house, people are going to think we are CRAzy! :) Part of the reason I am working on replacing them is we have the ugly dome lights in BRASS in every room but even worse they only hold 1 lightbulb and so the lighting is HORRIBLE! I need to get all the lights up I have in the garage – have 2-3 waiting – just need someone to help me one day :)

I love how you said you don’t normally pay THAT MUCH for a chandelier!! Lol! Less than $15 is pretty good to me! :)
    I love the look of it in bedrooms!! I saw a funny pin that said something like, yes we love how the chandelier looks in bedrooms, but you can’t ever have my ceiling fan… sincerely, the South. :)
    Love the Nativity Set too! Beautiful!
    Great finds!
    Renee @ Living, Laughing, & Loving recently posted..Beautify your Blog… How to Save your Picnik FavesMy Profile

Well, it is pretty good – LOL! But yes, I have gotten 4-5 over the last year for less than $8 :) I still look at the chandelier in my dining room and cringe at how much we paid for it (we got a great deal but we bought it NEW) Oh, the things I know now :)

Haha, about the fans – we have fan in the living room and in our bedroom and they are staying :)

I vote to put it in the bedroom too–think it looks classy! =) I haven’t been to goodwill in a couple of weeks (have to take breaks from the one I live closest to–it’s pretty tiny); enjoyed seeing your finds so thanks for sharing! =)
    Rachel recently posted..BraveMy Profile

I am pretty sure that is where it is going! :)

thanks, Rachel!

When you do find something at Goodwill, you should post it :)

you might be right. I will have to wait and see when I get more decided about the rest of the room and see if I need to spray paint it. at least that it an easy fix :)

3. Cindy says

Hey, Christina,
    I think the chandelier would look great in a bedroom. I recently hung one in my living room…and there was not a table underneath it. My husband thought I was crazy..but I think we have both grown to love it. I would put one in every room of my house…if I could get my husband to agree :) I love chandeliers, and I think they are growing in popularity!

Hi Cindy!!

I didn’t know you followed my blog :)

Yes I agree… if I get my way we will have chandeliers or some type of dangling light fixture in every room/hallways ;) Especially when I can find them for $5-8 usually :)