I am participating in a project over at My 3 Boybarians called Project52 (P52) which stands for “1 photo each week for a year.” There is an assigned theme each week and I try to take the best photo I can related to that theme. Here is my attempt this week…
So it’s Valentine’s week which means a Valentine themed photo topic .
I had already shot a fun wedding/current shot for the “I have a dream” shot so was looking to do something a little different.
Then as Valentine’s Day came and went, I couldn’t get the thought out of my mind that TRUE love is not in giving flowers, chocolates, or cards on one day during the year. It is not in the perfect photo that you primp and prepare and stress out about. TRUE love is seen and shown and felt in the simple, everyday, ordinary things.
TRUE love is…
- my husband waking up at 6 am every morning, braving the cold, and usually working a 12 hour day to provide for us
- him calling in the middle of day when I am home sick on the couch, “just to check on me and see if I wanted him to bring home something for supper”
- digging his clean clothes out of the laundry basket and not complaining cause I have had a crazy weekend making and delivering Valentine orders
- when it is his ONE day off, asking what I would like to do that day with him instead of making his own plans
- still loving me even when I have bed-hair and no makeup on
- always making sure I am protected and safe
- being patient with me when I am wrong, have a wrong attitude, or need to get something right with God
- loving me in spite of me
- giving of himself to me and others
- and I could go on and on…
Bottom line… TRUE love is found in the simple, everyday things not in the big things of grandeur. Like cuddling on the couch after a long day with
a fire candles going in the fireplace…talking, laughing, and spending time with each other.
Oh, and enjoying a hot chocolate chip cookie right out of the oven topped with vanilla ice cream
Thankful for TRUE love shown to me by …
(wedding picture not taken by me, but I did edit it )
How would you define TRUE love?
(And for those that read my facebook post last night …
this is as close to a picture you will probably ever see of me with no makeup, in my pj’s, and with unwashed hair )